The Rebuttal Ver. 1.0.0
Jack E Johnston
There are several formats for offering a ‘Arguments’ to arguments from Deductive to Assertion and more. There are also several formats for Rebuttal to an Argument from Mere Assertion to Ad Hominem (Attacking your opponent personally notice the similarity to Homicide) and more.
One of the most used formats for a Rebuttal to an Argument is as follows:
- State your position
- State your opponents position
- Show how your opponent’s position is in error
- Restate your position with supporting data.
In regard to ‘A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy’: When one believes in a prophecy and acts according to their belief, the prophecy comes to reality.
Is the prophecy that the Israelites will inherit the Promised Land ‘A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy’?
- The Israelites were promised the possession of the Canaanite Land by their ancestor Abraham.
- The Israelites believed in this promise and acted accordingly and the promise became reality. Therefore this is ‘A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy’.
- The truth of the matter lies in Faith: “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20-21).
- The Israelites took possession of the Promised Land because they had Faith, not a belief in the promise, but Faith in the God who made the Promise.
Speaking to be Heard
Before one can make an Augment or a Rebuttal they must first be able to be heard by others in the group. This involves the use of the Diaphragm behind the “Belly Button” to push air over the Vocal Cords and into the Resonate Cavity, (a.k.a. the mouth). To identify the Diaphragm action sit in a chair with the feet flat on the floor and bend over until the Chest touches the Knees. Put a hand on the Belly and notice the motion of the Diaphragm. Stand up and reproduce this same motion while speaking (or singing). Open wide the Resonate Cavity and articulate the words with the Tongue. Cicero, the great orator of Roman legend, practiced speaking with small stones in his mouth!